| || || || |
About The Tutor
- Wesley Callihan grew up on a farm in Idaho and graduated in History from the University of Idaho in 1983. He has taught at Logos School, the University of Idaho, and New St. Andrews College in Moscow, Idaho, and at Veritas Academy in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He has written curriculum and done consulting for several ACCS schools, has written some Great Books study guides for homeschoolers (published by Veritas Press), speaks regularly at Classical Christian education conferences for home educators and private schools, and teaches summer intensive Latin courses. He has written columns and short fiction for Credenda/Agenda, and contributed to the book Classical Education and the Home School, (published by Canon Press). Schola began in the fall of 1997 and is his contribution, locally and in the broader community of the internet, to the growing classical Christian education movement.
- Wes and his wife, Dani, have six children, Emily (23), Kathryn (20), Elizabeth (19), Faith (16), Robert (13), and George (9). They live in an old farmhouse in northern Idaho near Wes's parents, where they use the cold winters as an excuse to read, and the hot summers as another excuse to read. They are members of Christ Church in Moscow.
Photos of Mr Callihan's family, parents, and home
- General information about registration, costs, schedules, etc. -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about your financial status if you've already signed up -- email@example.com
- Schola Classical Tutorials
P. O. Box 546
Potlatch, ID 83855
Contact Schola and we will gladly put you in touch with anyone mentioned below.
- My father is Robert H. Callihan, emeritus professor of agronomy at the University of Idaho and chairman of deacons at Trinity Baptist Church in Moscow; one of my oldest friends is Evan B. Wilson, pastor of All Soul's Christian Church of Moscow and owner of Trireme d'Sign, a graphics design company; and my elder at Christ Church is Douglas Jones, managing editor of Credenda/Agenda magazine and general manager of Canon Press. Any of them, or Douglas Wilson, pastor of Christ Church (a member of the Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches), may be contacted as references.
- 2. Parents of Schola Students, Past and Present
- We can give you a general list of parents to contact or find some in your area.
- Statement of Faith
- Schola Classical Tutorials holds to the Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed (Eastern version / Western version) as basic summaries of the Christian faith. While I am also in essential agreement with the major Reformational Protestant confessions, this is in no way required of students in Schola, but it should be expected that the teaching in Schola will reflect a historical and Classical Protestant Christian perspective.